Scottish Smoking Cessation Conference 2016
SMOKE-FREE 10 YEARS ON
Reviewing the last ten years & where to next?
Tuesday 22 November 2016 - Edinburgh
Surgeons' Hall, 8 Nicholson Street, Edinburgh EH8 9DW
This was Scotland’s 10th national smoking cessation conference;a unique annual opportunity for smoking cessation and tobacco control colleagues to network.
The day focussed on:
- reviewing the last ten years and celebrating our successes
- evaluating our progress towards a smoke-free Scotland by 2034
- where next – how does Scotland decrease inequalities, deliver equitable services and become smoke-free by 2034.
This year we covered service improvement of smoking cessation services for the priority groups, smoke-free environments and working in partnership to deliver effective stop smoking services.
- To provide a motivating and inspiring day for those working in the field of smoking cessation
- To provide an opportunity to network with smoking cessation colleagues
- To share good practice
- To debate some of the key challenges and solutions in continuing to reduce smoking prevalence throughout Scotland through a coordinated smoking cessation service.
Empowering priority groups to quit: increasing reach and success of those living in disadvantaged areas to quit
Improving stop-smoking maternity services
Service Improvements in acute settings
Smoke-free environments (A)
Smoke-free environments (B)
Improving smoking cessation services in prisons
Preventing young people from starting to smoke
Improving smoking cessation in mental health services
Improving smoking cessation community pharmacy services
Scottish Tobacco-free Alliance
Membership of the Scottish Tobacco-free Alliance is a good way to access professional development opportunities and to be kept fully informed about smoking cessation, health promotion and tobacco control in Scotland. Sign up at: http://www.ashscotland.org.uk/what-we-do/scottish-tobacco-control-alliance/stca-membership/